Wonderful Recipes from Bayside Marin
Bayside Marin Marinated Salmon
- Fresh Salmon Fillets (6 oz each)
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
(You need just enough to cover the fillets; increase quantities depending on how much salmon you are serving.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Bake on a cedar wood plank (or shallow pan) 8-10 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.
Garnish with shaved scallions.
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Chicken (fryer) cut into 10-12 pieces
- 2 cups Hot Chicken Broth
- 2 large ripe Tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large White onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ cup raisins (black or golden)
- 1 cup Green Olives with pimiento (sliced if large)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Pinch of Saffron
- 2-3 sprigs of Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Place a roasting pan in the oven at 350 degrees. When it is hot add olive oil.
Place chicken in pan and roast for 20 minutes turning once.
Add to pan all remaining ingredients. Stir together.
Place back in oven and cook another 45 to 60 minutes.
Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Serve this dish with Saffron Rice and enjoy!
Strawberries with Candied Ginger Dip
- 1 ounce Candied Ginger (available in the Asian section of the supermarket)
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
Cut into small pieces one ounce of candied ginger.
Combine ginger, 8 ounces sour cream and two tablespoons of sugar in food processor with blade attachment.
Scoop into serving bowl and surround with whole strawberries.
Also delicious with pineapple, peaches or cantaloupe
For low-fat version substitute non-fat plain Greek yogurt
For reduced sugar sweeten to taste with Stevia or Equal instead of sugar.